Friday, August 8, 2008

I am sick in bed

It started a month ago. I felt a pain in my groin and my testicles were sore. I stuck it out until thursday when the pain and discomfort really got me worried.

Made an appointment and went to see the dr. who diagnosed me with a prostate infection. He gave me some antibiotics and sent me home.

I went home and over the rest of the week and the weekend , things got progressively worse. Monday morning saw me back in the surgery. Dr took a look and referred me to a surgeon. The surgeon took a look and told me that an abcess was forming in my scrotum and that i should take other antibiotics and come see him on Wednesday.

By Wednesday my scrotum was swollen to the size of two large Avo's and you would have been hard pressed to cover it all with a decent sized pudding bowl. And the pain was excruciating.

So the dr makes a call to the medical aid and gets authorization to book me into the private hospital do an op.

To make a long story longer, the medical aid is under administration and they phone back to say that the authorization is cancelled. Back and forth we argue until eventually the surgeon books me into theater for an op in the provincial hospital.

After the op to drain the abcess I stay in hospital for a week. Then I stay in bed at home for a week.

And now I am still very sore and very swollen , and if things do not change over the weekend I will have to go back to the surgeon on monday to see if they can help me.

In the mean time I can not work and I have had to give photoshoots away. I have a very lucrative shoot coming up on Saturday and I really need the money, so let us hope and pray that things clear up and I heal before Saturday.

1 comment: