Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Do I always just complain ?


It feels as if I only want to blog when things are going bad and when I am down. Looking back through the posts I realize that this is not quite the case , but that I do have a tendency to complain on the blog more than I would in real life.

But first .... about the bird.

The picture above is of a brownhooded kingfisher. (or so says my bird book). I have seen this guy sitting on the same branch every evening at sunset a few times before. So last night my son rushes into the house to tell us that we should come and take a look at the 'most beautiful bird he has ever seen'. I went to fetch my camera and came back to find mr. and mrs. kingfisher sitting int the tree. They allowed me quite close and I got a few nice pics.

Die burger is running a wildlife photography competition that I hope to enter. We will have to wait and see how that goes.

I wanted to complain again on the blog now , but I just realized that it would be a waste of time. It is not as if anyone reading this would be able to do anything about my complaints. So I will not.

I will ask this though of any who read this. Please pray for me. And my family. Pray that I will be blessed in the new cameraschool venture that I am undertaking. Pray that it will allow me the financial income I so desperately need while still being able to be my wife's helper in her ministry. I believe that I have a role to play in my wife's ministry , even if it is only to try and keep the house clean and look after our son.

And pray for me that I will get to know God better. That I will deepen in spiritual life and understanding and that I will find my place in His kingdom where I can serve Him.

In general , please pray for me and my wife and my son.

And speaking of prayer :pray for my prayer life. Maybe this is why I am asking all of you to pray for me. Because I really battle to pray to God at the moment. I am trying..... but the ceiling is hard.

MAy God bless all of you who read this.

No comments: