Thursday, April 3, 2008

Let us set the score straight



Unusual for me I actually subscribed to one of those - a verse a day - websites.

And so for the past few days I have been receiving bible verses and devotions in my email once a day.

And this evening I received this devotion in my inbox and it made think of a post that I posted a short while back .

And I guess that this devotion is an answer to that question. and so I need to post this in order to set the record straight. As difficult as it is for me to believe (and more so in my current circumstances) Jesus does care about me. And also about the small things. And so I pray that God will come to my aid soon. That He will show me the way and open the doors so I can earn a living again.

I am sorry Jesus for my doubts. I am sorry that I like Peter see the waves and hear the wind and that I get scared and that I start to doubt. Save me .... Save me..

Here follows the email as I have received it.



Jesus Understands

HEBREWS 4:15 NKJ
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Whatever you face, Jesus Christ has already faced it.

Jesus knows what it is like:

to be hungry
to be tired
to be lonely
to be hurt
to be hated
to be beaten
to be persecuted
to be misunderstood
to be mistreated
to be mocked and laughed at
to be betrayed by a friend
to be tempted to sin
to be responsible for employees
to feel forsaken
to feel hopeless
to have no spouse
to have no earthly father there to help
to have lost a loved one
to have to pay taxes
to have money stolen from you
to have the responsibility to provide for a family to live under an oppressive government to experience extreme pain

HEBREWS 4:16 NKJ
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Don't be afraid to talk to Jesus about anything. Not only does He understand, but He knows how to help you so you can overcome and have victory.

Remember, Jesus loves you -- enough to die for you. And He also ever lives to intercede for you.

So Jesus not only understands what you face, but He is able and willing to help you.

SAY THIS: Jesus understands what I am going through and is leading me to victory.

No comments: