Monday, April 14, 2008

The things I Believe

In the past weeks or so , I battled with prayer , and what I can and can not pray for. And I came to realize that I can only pray for the things that I believe .

Things that I believe to be true of God. And things that I believe about the nature of God. And so I want to list them here. This will however not be an exhaustive list of all the things I believe , but of the things I can think of right now. I will also add to this list as time progresses and I learn more about God.

so here we go.

I believe that :

  • God loves me
  • Jesus died on the cross and was raised again.
  • Jesus' death and resurrection was necessary to redeem me from my sins
  • God knows me better than I know myself and that He only wants what is best for me
  • living in God's will and in His plan is the only way to be truly happy.
  • God wants me to have a happy and fulfilled marriage.
  • as the Author and designer of sex , God wants me to have a happy and fulfilled sex life
  • God wants to meet my needs and care for me , also wen it comes to earning a living.
There are many more things , but these are the things that I can think of now, and these are the things that I can pray for and from God.

2 comments:

Eliza D Hunter said...

Hey Man,

I think that it is a good thing to make a list, of known facts, blessings, needs etc.

I think tho that we really need to listen to God, and obey what He says to us and shares with us, BUT one thing that I learnt is that we always need to do our part as we cant just sit back and wait for God to do things.

Regarding marriage, work and those things, it needs work ALWAYS, from all sides, we need to make sacrifices, we need to pray that God's will be done and that we learn to accept His will for our lives.

Will be keeping you in my thoughts.

C

Rock in the Grass (Pete Grassow) said...

and you better believe that your friends love you too!