Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I need to blog, but i have nothing to say

A friend sent me this SMS earlier today :
  • Dankie aan almal wat my die beste toegewens het vir die jaar 2007. Ek wil net noem dat dit fokol gehelp het. So vir 2008 aanvaar ek slegs kontant, bees agterkwarte, heel lammers, free range hoenders, Yokohama tyres, petrolkaarte, Captain morgan en coke. Baie dankie
This probably sums it fairly well. In the last two years I have seen a part of the church that we serve that I do not wish any one to see. I have learnt how people who call them selves Christians can play political games in the church that will make the politics in government look like a sunday school picnic. If you want to be a minsiter then first go and study political science!

I have seen how church people use other people as objects , to be used and discarded at a whim. No wonder a minister I know drives with a bumper sticker that says :"Lord please protect me from your people!"

This year, especially the last part sucked !!!

and the rebel in me does not want to write this next part :

But I know, through all of this God is still in control.

Pray for me... and my wife and my son. Pray for us. And pray for the church that is so caught up in politics and power struggles that love and mission is long forgotten.

1 comment:

Rock in the Grass (Pete Grassow) said...

Yup - you are right.
The Church is a place of sin and corruption - just like any other institution inhabited by human beings. We fuck things up.
My prayers and support are with you.
Pete