Monday, January 7, 2008

My little faith

O well, as you may have guessed from the fairly incoherent post this afternoon , my wife's appeal against her discontinuation was unsuccessful. One point of light is that she would be allowed to re candidate immediately and that after the two year candidature period , in which she will be able to finish her studies, she will hopefully be allowed to re-enter the ministry where she was now forced to leave off.

I have no doubt in my mind that my wife needs to be in ministry. The problem now is to find her a job where she can be in ministry and be able to finish her studies.

A photographer friend of mine in Capetown has asked me to come and work for/with him as an assistant photographer in his business. He's business has grown to the point where he can not cope with the work load and I am sure that I will be able to help him grow the business further.

But here come the problems.

  1. we need to find a job for my wife in cape town area where she can be in ministry.
  2. We need to find a place to stay. Up to this point we have stayed in a manse supplied by the church. This now falls away, unless by a miracle from God the new job includes housing.
  3. We need to find a school for my son who needs to start school on the 16th if we move to the cape, or the 9th if we stay here.
  4. We need to pack our belongings and move within the next week.
  5. We need to arrange the move.
  6. We need money.. my wife will not receive any income at the end of this month. I will not earn much either with packing and moving etc. We need to pay school fees for my son. We need to pay a months lease as well as a deposit on a place to stay. Wen eed fuel to get ourselves and our cars to capetown. We need to pay the normal bills and buy food and other essentials.
In short .. we need a long list of miracles to happen in a fairly short space of time. And all I can do is look to God and pray. because the way I see it all of this is hopeless. But I want to believe that with God all things are possible. And I want to believe that He can still bring some good out of all the pain and chaos.

So pray for us. we sure need all the prayer and support we can get.

God help me to focus on you. Help me to know that with you all things are possible. You know that if I look at all that needs to happen and if I look at all the uncertainties than I feel totally overwhelmed. Please Father, look after us and keep us in your will. Keep us safe an guide us out of this. Please don't kill my last small bit of faith. I am hanging on , but only just.

...?

:o|

No comments: