Sunday, January 6, 2008

My third post today.....

I am really desperate for answers. I see the drain, the strain and the pain on my wife's face. I see the tears in her eyes and there is nothing more that I can do but pray.

I still firmly believe that God will come to my wife's aid and that He will provide a way for her to continue her ministry. I can also not believe that God would have brought us through the past 6 years of ministry and training , only to have all of that flushed down the loo because of a couple of idiots playing political games in the church.

I have a job opportunity in George and if my wife could also get a job , preferably in the ministry then we would at least have somewhere to go.
All I am hoping for is that God will answer our prayers and allow us to move to George and start afresh there. I am praying that the presiding bishop will allow my wife to finish her studies and become ordained.

I know that my wife has done nothing so severe as to deserve the treatment she is receiving (and that from people who call themselves followers of Jesus). At worst she has worked to hard at her ministry and let her academics slide a bit. The other thing she has done, and the one that I believe to be the big issue, is that she has treated the gay and lesbian people in our community with grace and compassion and that she has not doomed them to Hell like some of the church leaders would have wanted.

Father, we are in your hands. Please come to our aid.

Please .........

No comments: