Sunday, January 6, 2008

my prayer

As i am writing this i am sitting in church waiting for the service to begin.

And i have very mixed emotions about being here . I am sitting behind the mixer , doing the sound and data projection for a church that has technically fired my wife as their minister.


The interesting thing is that the people who fired her did not have the power to do so. But now we have to wait for the presiding bishop to come back from leave before we can hope to seek restitution.

And as i sit here, all i can do is pray:

Father God. All i can do is believe that you are still in control. I can only pray that you will forgive the people who are destroying your church, and that in your name. I pray Lord that you will look after my wife and our family. Keep us safe, in your love.

Lord i know that my wife is a very good minister and that she does not stand guilty before you. I pray that you in your mighty power and love will allow her ministry to continue.

I pray that you will open the door for us to move away from this hurtful place. Please Lord grant that the presiding bishop will find in my wife's favour so that she will be able to continue and be ordained.

No comments: